Somewhat in the livery of the North Midland Railway, but on a railcar (possibly a Sentinel) that post-dates the 1844 merger into the Midland Railway group, and thus more than likely a phantom railway of the makers own design.
All credit to and via JustGardenRailways
All credit to and via History Toy
All credit to and via TheSaleRoom
The coach in the background is the more classic tinplate effort by the early manufacturers, not completely out of scale or unlike the prototype in design, but far from a solid, scale representation. Most often the details are lithographed rather than real, miniature elements.
All credit to and via Vectis Auctions
All credit to and via TCA Western
From the fiftypointeight collection. Acurate replacement buffers thanks to Walsall Model Industries.
“In 1915, as the camps at Fovant grew in size, a spur line was built from Dinton station to the camps at Fovant for the easier transportation of supplies, equipment and wounded men returning from active service for rehabilitation and retraining. It ran from a junction on the down side of the London and South Western Railway main line at Dinton, over the Nadder on a girder bridge (removed in 1995 after the closure of RAF Chilmark) and ran through the fields of Old Russells, Mains and Broom Close to Fovant, crossing Dinton Road near the house now called ‘Crossing Gates’”. – Fovant Military Railway
The traveling mail van was built by the brilliant modelbuilder J Francis Parker (c.1895-1980), whose LSWR scale models were previously displayed in the now-defunct Bristol Industrial Museum. Incidentally, C. Hamilton Ellis included a section on the Fovant Military Railway in his 1965 book ‘The Splendour of Steam’.
Other examples of Parker’s work from Gauge 1 Railway Models in Bristol Industrial Museum, The Parker Collection, 1983